Saturday, August 20, 2011

Great New Shopping Spot

Hello and happy August to all you bloggers or readers of blogs. Wow has this been a hot summer or what. I feel like I have just become a recluse. It is so nice inside in the A/C and so hot when you venture out.

Good time to explore on the computer. Isn't it wonderful how you can find just almost anything you want online. I do a lot of searching for information online, new ideas which I might use in my wedding business, what's new in the art world that interests me, (I work in polymer clay and I also make purses from recycled jeans), and sometimes just to see what's new in the shopping world. I'm not much of a shopper for new merchandise, I have shopped flea markets and yard sales too long, but sometimes it's nice just to see what's new and exciting.

I found a really nice selection of merchandise this week at a site called become.com. They have a several categories, clothing, electronics, garden etc. The usual I guess. What caught my eye was some of the really nice clothing.You know, sometimes when I do go shopping the new merchandise I find is not as nice as the used stuff at the flea markets.

I remember when I was young I could go to a store or look through a catalog I would find just lots and lots of beautiful things which I would like to own. Now it is hard to find anything attractive. However on become.com I see some really beautiful dresses, surprise...

Try these links on become.com and see what you think. Navy sheath dress,
or click on tie back tankini. They have some really good mark down bargains as well. I know it's too hot to think of warm clothing but it will be here soon so take a look at this fleece lined rain jacket

Even though it is hot everywhere people are still getting married. I did a nice home wedding yesterday. They did opt to have the ceremony indoors rather than the back yard which they had planned. This morning I drove up to Juno Beach, just north of West Palm for a wedding in a Gazebo on a cute little lake. We were surrounded by ducks of many colors, turtles and other birds and wildlife. The weather was cool and overcast. There had been a little rain earlier. It was a beautiful spot for an outdoor wedding. Nice.

Remember if you are planning a south Florida wedding give me a call. I do really beautiful ceremonies, I know this because everyone tells me so. I would love to do your ceremony. My website TheSimpleWedding.com is just filled with all kinds of good ideas and information to help you plan your dream wedding...often on a shoestring. It can be done.

Stay well and stay cool...Donna

No comments: